The frozen tundra of January in Minnesota has arrived. The snow storm hit us and soon the record breaking below zero temperatures will be here. Prepare your home and your vehicle before it’s too late.
The temperatures predicted for this week can lead to frozen/bursting pipes. Protect your home and save money from expensive repairs by following some important tips.
- Open cabinet doors under sinks or where pipes are
- Close garage doors
- Properly insulate exposed pipes located under the house using foam insulation
- Cover outside faucets with insulated foam covers
- Leave heat on inside home at minimum of 55 degrees if traveling or higher
- Know the location of your main water cut-off valve
- Keep water moving through the pipes by allowing a small trickle of water to run
- Purchase Custom Alarm low temperature/water sensors. Be notified immediately when extreme temperatures pose a risk to your pipes
These temperatures can be extremely dangerous if your vehicle breaks down or the unexpected happens on the road. Pack your car with some essentials to keep you safe.
- Extra warm clothing (hat, gloves, scarves)
- Abrasive material- sand, salt
- Cell phone charger for car
- Jumper cables
- First aid kit
- Hand/feet warmers
Being alert and aware if the first step to staying safe in any situation. Contact Custom Alarm for more about protecting yourself, your home and your business. Stay safe out there!